Work Term: Part Time Permanent 10 months
30 hours per week, 7:00-9:00 / 2:00 – 6:00
Location: Blair Ridge
Salary: Level 1 RECE or dependent upon current level within Schoolhouse
Duties and Responsibilities:
As the Registered Early Childhood Educator you are responsible for:
- Providing a challenging and rewarding experience in an environment that supports each child’s unique needs and strengths.
- Ensuring a safe, secure and nurturing environment.
- Working as a partner with parents’ in their children’s care.
- Treating all children and families with respect.
- Providing positive reinforcement and encouragement to help children develop positive self-esteem, pride, respect and an understanding of both themselves and others.
- Commitment to furthering the development and implementation of an child-directed program, including the foundations of “How Does Learning Happen.”
- Must be a member in good standing with the College of Early Childhood Educators.
- Demonstrates the ability to work in a team environment.
- Ability to communicate effectively with parents, colleagues and children.
- Enthusiasm and initiative is a must.
- Knowledge in emergent curriculum is an asset.
- Knowledge and understanding of the Child Care Early Years Act and other regulations.
- Previous experience in a licensed childcare program, experience working with school age children is an asset but not required
- Current Standard First Aid and CPR Level C training
- Successful candidates will be required to provide the following:
- Up-to-date Standard First Aid and CPR (Level C) certification
- Successful completion of Police Records Check within the last 6 months
- Up-to-date immunizations
Schoolhouse Playcare is an equal opportunity employer and we are committed to a selection process and work environment that is inclusive and barrier free. Accommodation will be provided in accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code. Applicants need to make any accommodation requests for the interview or selection process known in advance by contacting Human Resources.