Position: SCHOOLAGE & KINDERGARTEN ASSISTANTS
Work Term: 10 month, Contract, Full time, & Part time
Location Various - https://www.schoolhouseplaycare.ca/locations
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assist the Registered Early Childhood Educator in providing a challenging and rewarding experience in an environment that supports each child’s unique needs and strengths.
- Ensure a safe, secure and nurturing environment.
- Work as a partner with parent’s in their children’s care.
- Treat all children and families with respect.
- Provide positive reinforcement and encouragement to help children develop positive self-esteem, pride, respect and an understanding of both themselves and others.
- Commitment to further the development and implementation of an emergent curriculum program.
- Demonstrated ability to work in a team environment.
- Ability to communicate effectively with parents, colleagues and children.
- Enthusiasm and initiative a must.
- Knowledge in emergent curriculum is an asset.
- Previous experience in a licensed child care program, specifically with kindergarten/schoolage children is an asset.
- Current Standard First Aid and CPR Level C training.
Schoolhouse Playcare is an equal opportunity employer and we are committed to a selection process and work environment that is inclusive and barrier free. Accommodation will be provided in accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code. Applicants need to make any accommodation requests for the interview or selection process known in advance by contacting Human Resources.