Position: RECE, SCHOOLAGE & KINDERGARTEN
Work Term: 10 month, Contract, Full time, & Part time
Location: Various - https://www.schoolhouseplaycare.ca/locations
Duties and Responsibilities:
As the Registered Early Childhood Educator, you are responsible for:
- Providing a challenging and rewarding experience in an environment that supports each child’s unique needs and strengths.
- Ensuring a safe, secure and nurturing environment.
- Working as a partner with parent’s in their children’s care.
- Treating all children and families with respect.
- Providing positive reinforcement and encouragement to help children developing positive self-esteem, pride, respect and an understanding of both themselves and others.
- Commitment to furthering the development and implementation of an emergent curriculum program.
- Member in good standing with the College of Early Childhood Educators.
- Demonstrated ability to work in a team environment.
- Ability to communicate effectively with parents, colleagues and children.
- Enthusiasm and initiative a must.
- Knowledge in emergent curriculum is an asset.
- Knowledge and understanding of the Child Care and Early Years Act and other regulations
- Previous experience in a licensed child care program, specifically with kindergarten/schoolage children is an asset.
- Current Standard First Aid and CPR Level C training.
Closing Date: Monday, August 20, 2018 (no later than 2:00 pm)
- Cover Letter
- Up-to-date resume
- Internal applicants should include (Internal Application Form and the Performance Overview, completed by your Supervisor)
Interested applicants should submit via e-mail to email@example.com, a letter of application and résumé. Your application must indicate the position you are applying for. We thank everyone who has submitted their applications; however only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
Schoolhouse Playcare is an equal opportunity employer and we are committed to a selection process and work environment that is inclusive and barrier free. Accommodation will be provided in accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code. Applicants need to make any accommodation requests for the interview or selection process known in advance by contacting Human Resources.