Work Term: Permanent Part Time (to start as soon as possible)
30 hours per week, 7:00 - 9:00 / 2:30 - 6:30
Location: Blair Ridge, Whitby
Position: Kindergarten RECE
Salary: Level 1RECE or dependent upon current level within Schoolhouse
Duties and Responsibilities:
As the Registered Early Childhood Educator, you are responsible for:
- Providing a challenging and rewarding experience in an environment that supports each child’s unique needs and strengths.
- Ensuring a safe, secure and nurturing environment.
- Working as a partner with parent’s in their children’s care.
- Treating all children and families with respect.
- Providing positive reinforcement and encouragement to help children developing positive self-esteem, pride, respect and an understanding of both themselves and others.
- Commitment to furthering the development and implementation of an child-directed program, including the foundations of “How Does Learning Happen.”
- Must be a member in good standing with the College of Early Childhood Educators.
- Demonstrates the ability to work in a team environment.
- Ability to communicate effectively with parents, colleagues and children.
- Enthusiasm and initiative is a must.
- Knowledge in emergent curriculum is an asset.
- Knowledge and understanding of the Child Care Early Years Act and other regulations.
- Previous experience in a licensed childcare program, specifically with Kindergarten children is an asset.
- Current First Aid and CPR training.
Closing Date: May 1, 2018 (no later than 2:00 pm)
- Cover Letter
- Up-to-date resume
- Internal applicants should include (Internal Application Form and the Performance Overview, completed by your Supervisor)
Interested applicants should submit via e-mail to Human Resources firstname.lastname@example.org , a cover letter and résumé, including a detailed work history. Your application must indicate the position you are applying for. Only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
Schoolhouse Playcare is an equal opportunity employer and we are committed to a selection process and work environment that is inclusive and barrier free. Accommodation will be provided in accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code. Applicants need to make any accommodation requests for the interview or selection process known in advance by contacting Human Resources.