June 11, 2020
We hope you are doing well and staying healthy. As you may have heard, the government of Ontario announced that childcare centres across Ontario can re-open as early as Friday, June 12, 2020 provided that several new health and safety protocols are put in place. While we have always put the health and safety of our children first, these enhanced protocols will take some time to fully prepare for prior to re-opening. Some of the new protocols include;
- fewer children and educators in a defined childcare space
- changes to maximum group sizes to ensure small group interactions and support physical distancing practices
- physical changes to the learning environment to encourage physical distancing where possible (children will still be playing with one another!)
- daily health screening of children and educators upon arrival to the centre to ensure no symptoms of ill health
- enhanced cleaning, sanitizing and handwashing procedures
In order to prepare for safe and healthy re-opening of our centres we will need to work with the DDSB to access and organize our space, as well as train our childcare professionals.
We cannot announce an opening date at this time. We are expecting further guidance from the Ministry of Education over the next few days that will help us to decide on an official re-opening date, and we are committed to providing an update as soon as possible. Please be assured that we are working hard to welcome our families back quickly!
One critical step in our planning process is understanding the childcare needs of our families. You would have received a link to an online survey to support us in this planning.
Please continue to look for communication from your centre supervisor and visit our website.
Thank you in advance for your patience. We know this is a stressful time for many families and will be in touch again soon with more details as soon as we have them.
For more information about the Province’s announcement, please follow this link;
Schoolhouse Playcare Centres of Durham