Position: School Age Registered Early Childhood Educator (RECE)
Work Term: Contract/Full time/Part time
Location: Claremont (Markham/Stouffville, Uxbridge), Pickering, Ajax, Whitby, Brooklin, Oshawa
OVERVIEW OF THE ORGANIZATION
Schoolhouse Playcare Centres of Durham is a non-profit child care organization offering child care services to children from 0 – 12 years of age, in schools across Durham Region. We believe that children and their families deserve programs that reflect high quality, and that provide enriching experiences that are responsive to the children’s interests and needs. We believe that children are unique, and as such our environments are inclusive and reflect the diversity of the children, their families, and our employees. We believe that open communication, meaningful interactions and respectful behaviour build positive relationships and support collaboration. We are committed to working in partnership with others to support our children, their families and our employees in reaching their full potential.
THE IDEAL CANDIDATE PROFILE:
Dedicated and experienced individuals with the following educational backgrounds: Registered Early Childhood Educator (RECE) or Child and Youth Worker (CYW/CYC) looking to expand their career as Childcare professionals.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
As the Registered Early Childhood Educator, you are responsible for:
- Providing a challenging and rewarding experience in an environment that supports each child’s unique needs and strengths.
- Ensuring a safe, secure and nurturing environment.
- Working as a partner with parent’s in their children’s care.
- Treating all children and families with respect.
- Providing positive reinforcement and encouragement to help children developing positive self-esteem, pride, respect and an understanding of both themselves and others.
- Commitment to furthering the development and implementation of an emergent curriculum program.
QUALIFICATIONS AND SKILLS
- Member in good standing with the College of Early Childhood Educators
- Demonstrated ability to work in a team environment.
- Ability to communicate effectively with parents, colleagues and children.
- Enthusiasm and initiative a must.
- Knowledge in emergent curriculum is an asset.
- Knowledge and understanding of the Child Care and Early Years Act and other regulations
- Previous experience in a licensed child care program, specifically with school age children is an asset.
- Current Standard First Aid and CPR Level C training.
Why Join Our Team?
- Opportunities for Career Advancement & Promotion
- Employer-Paid Benefits Program
- Employee Floater Days, start with 15 paid vacation days each year and 10 paid sick days to balance your work and home life
- Ability to transfer to other locations across Durham
- Discounted child care services for your children
Schoolhouse Playcare is an equal opportunity employer and we are committed to a selection process and work environment that is inclusive and barrier free. Accommodation will be provided in accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code. Applicants need to make any accommodation requests for the interview or selection process known in advance by contacting Human Resources