Position: Registered Early Childhood Educator (RECE) / Child Care Assistant
Work Term: On call, anytime between 6:30 am and 6:30 pm (to start as soon as possible)
Location: Claremont (Markham/Stouffville, Uxbridge), Pickering, Ajax, Whitby, Oshawa
Salary: RECE $20.56 plus 4% vacation pay, Assistant $16.07 plus 4% vacation pay
OVERVIEW OF THE ORGANIZATION
Schoolhouse Playcare Centres of Durham is a non-profit child care organization offering child care services to children from 0 – 12 years of age, in schools across Durham Region. We believe that children and their families deserve programs that reflect high quality, and that provide enriching experiences that are responsive to the children’s interests and needs. We believe that children are unique, and as such our environments are inclusive and reflect the diversity of the children, their families, and our employees. We believe that open communication, meaningful interactions and respectful behaviour build positive relationships and support collaboration. We are committed to working in partnership with others to support our children, their families and our employees in reaching their full potential.
THE IDEAL CANDIDATE PROFILE:
Are you an R.E.C.E./ CYW/CYC looking to start your career with a wide variety of exposure to everything from Infant and Toddler rooms to School Aged programs?
Have you been in a child care setting and would like to assist ECE educators with their classrooms?
Duties and Responsibilities:
To support the regular educators to:
- Provide a challenging and rewarding experience in an environment that supports each child’s unique needs and strengths.
- Ensure a safe, secure and nurturing environment.
- Facilitate daily experiences for children that promote their development
- Treat all children and families with respect.
- Provide positive reinforcement and encouragement to help children develop positive self-esteem, pride, respect and an understanding of both themselves and others.
- Demonstrated ability to work in a team environment.
- Ability to communicate effectively with parents, colleagues and children.
- Enthusiasm and initiative a must.
- Knowledge in emergent curriculum is an asset.
- Previous experience in a licensed childcare program is an asset.
- Current First Aid and CPR training A MUST
Schoolhouse Playcare is an equal opportunity employer and we are committed to a selection process and work environment that is inclusive and barrier free. Accommodation will be provided in accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code. Applicants need to make any accommodation requests for the interview or selection process known in advance by contacting Human Resources.