Are you an R.E.C.E. looking to start your career with a wide variety of exposure to everything from Infant and Toddler rooms to School Aged programs?
Have you been in a child care setting and would like to assist ECE teachers with their rooms?
Work Term: On call, anytime between 6:30 am and 6:30 pm (to start as soon as possible)
Location: Oshawa, Brooklin, Whitby, Ajax, Pickering, Claremont
Salary: RECE $20.56 plus 4% vacation pay, Assistant $16.07 plus 4% vacation pay
Duties and Responsibilities:
To support the regular educators to:
- Provide a challenging and rewarding experience in an environment that supports each child’s unique needs and strengths.
- Ensure a safe, secure and nurturing environment.
- Facilitate daily experiences for children that promote their development
- Treat all children and families with respect.
- Provide positive reinforcement and encouragement to help children develop positive self-esteem, pride, respect and an understanding of both themselves and others.
- Demonstrated ability to work in a team environment.
- Ability to communicate effectively with parents, colleagues and children.
- Enthusiasm and initiative a must.
- Knowledge in emergent curriculum is an asset.
- Previous experience in a licensed childcare program is an asset.
- Current First Aid and CPR training A MUST
Interested applicants should submit via e-mail to email@example.com, a letter of application and résumé. Your application must indicate the position you are applying for. We thank everyone who has submitted their applications; however only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
Schoolhouse Playcare is an equal opportunity employer and we are committed to a selection process and work environment that is inclusive and barrier free. Accommodation will be provided in accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code. Applicants need to make any accommodation requests for the interview or selection process known in advance by contacting Human Resources.