We have opportunities available for on call/supply staff.
The positions are part time occasional for a variety of areas in Durham Region.
This is a great opportunity to set your own hours!!
CHOOSING SCHOOLHOUSE PLAYCARE AS A CAREER
Schoolhouse Playcare Centres is an equal opportunity employer with respect for a diverse and professional team. We have a long-standing history in Durham and a solid reputation as an equitable and supportive employer who treats its employees with the recognition they deserve.
In compliance with the Accessibility of Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA) Schoolhouse Playcare Centres will strive to assist applicants with disabilities who request accommodations during our hiring process.
We invite you to apply for employment with Schoolhouse Playcare Centres. We are dedicated to hiring qualified staff who are passionate about working with children and families.
Please forward your resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org
At Schoolhouse Playcare Centres we:
- Support and encourage ongoing professional development for all employees
- Encourage Assistants to work toward obtaining their diplomas in Early Childhood Education
- Support the Ontario Ministry of Training, Colleges and Universities apprenticeship programme for ECE's known as Child Development Practitioner Apprenticeship programme
- Offer the opportunity for growth in managerial positions within the organization
- Support staff transfers between locations and age groups
- Offer a benefit package and a competitive salary
Schoolhouse Playcare Centres is very proud of our employees. If you would like to join our team we ask that you can:
- Provide a challenging and rewarding experience in an environment that supports each child's unique needs and strengths
- Ensure a safe, secure and nurturing environment
- Work as a partner with parents in their children's care
- Treat all children and families with respect
- Provide positive reinforcement and encouragement to help children develop positive self-esteem, pride, respect and an understanding of both themselves and others
- Commit to furthering the development and implementation of emergent practices within the programme
- Demonstrate the ability to work in a team environment
- Demonstrate the ability to communicate effectively with parents, colleagues and children
- Be enthusiastic and take initiative
- Encourage practicum and cooperative education for students in their professional child care education
It would be beneficial if you have:
- Knowledge of emergent practices and the ELECT framework
- Previous experience working in a licensed child care programme
In order to be a member of our team you must have:
- Current First Aid and CPR training
- All immunizations up to date including Tuberculosis (TB) test
- Current Police Background Check with Vulnerable Sector Screening
- All Early Childhood Educators must provide proof of membership and be in good standing with the College of Early Childhood Educators
- Must be at least 18 years of age